Sunday, July 21, 2013

Batik Alternate Routes


This is Cheri's beautiful batik version of our Alternate Routes pattern.  I love batiks, and these were so pretty it was kind of hard to say good bye to this one.  Cheri came up with her own unique layout, and I think it is really cool.


We decided to use the Paisley Playtime panto, as the shapes in the fabric and the panto were very similar.  This is the first time I have tried this particular panto and I am very pleased with the nice even texture.



The pattern for the quilt is available on the Highway 10 Designs Etsy Shop if Cheri has inspired you with her beautiful quilt.

I know I have been fairly quiet, but summer is proving to be very busy.  Kyla was away at International Music Camp this week, so Kendra had to fly solo on girls' supper night.  I suggested that spaghetti would be a manageable idea and with just a little guidance this was the result.


And one more share before I end.  As soon as Nolan hung this birdhouse on our garage, the robins proceeded to make a nest on top of it, instead of inside.  I guess that is a good thing or we wouldn't have been able to catch a glimpse of the three hungry babies.  You can only see one in the second picture.

 

1 comment:

  1. Love Cheri's layout and the new panto looks great!
    So was Nolan insulted that the robin didn't want to nest IN his birdhouse? :)

    ReplyDelete