Our guild hosted a swap back in the spring, and I realized I didn't share what I had made for my partner. The theme was Log Cabin, and we were given some likes and dislikes from our partner but the rest was open. I got my friend Dawn and knew I wanted to try to include a snow dyed fabric in the mix. You can see a little of my process here. Snow dyeing is always a bit of a surpise, so i did three pieces to ensure I ended up with something I could use.
Here are all the fabrics that I finally decided on.
Once the top was pieced, I had to come up with a quilting plan. Enter the plexiglass and whiteboard marker. After some doodling I came up with a plan that I thought would work.
I roughly marked where the spines of the feathers should be and then just went for it. It is fun to do small pieces like this (about 20" x 20").
I did stitch in the ditch around all the logs in the log cabin blocks. It help to make it nice and crisp.