Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dazzle


The block of the month project belongs to Deanna.  She told me it was 17 years old - she knows as she remembers working on this when her now 17 year old son was a baby.  I love being able to help quilters get their projects out of the cupboard and completed.


Deanna prefers less dense quilting, so we decided on the "Dazzle" panto with Dream Puff batting.


Deanna wanted to use of fabric she had on hand so provided muslin for the backing.  I prefer to match my bobbin thread to the quilt back instead of using the same color as the top thread.  I was hoping that I would be able to get the tension just right to balance the charcoal thread on the top and the light cream on the back.  



 My Innova did not let me down! Beautiful tension giving the calm look I was hoping for on the back and allowing the texture of the panto to shine through.  It was a happy quilting day for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment