Saturday, April 25, 2015

More Care Home Quilts

Ina is truly the scrap quilting queen!  Here are three more quilts she has made for her local care home - #11, #12 & #13 that I have had the pleasure of quilting.  Hope you find them as inspiring as I do.


 This disappearing nine-patch has the "yo-yo" panto, Stonehenge wide backing and Quilter's Dream Blend batting.  Ina skillfully used both a white and a cream in the background, which most of us wouldn't think to do.




When I pulled this nine patch out of the bag, I had a feeling that I should do something other than a panto as I didn't feel as though I wanted to stitch over the thin black sashing with a contrasting thread.  I am very pleased with the end result.


And once again the Stonehenge backing fabric shows off the quilting very nicely on the back.


 The outside border was a little too wide to leave unquilted so I decided that some simple loops was all that was required.



This one is another Disappearing Nine Patch, and the white and blue combination led me to the "popcorn" panto which has a cloud like texture.






1 comment:

  1. What lovely designs, and you matched quilting to suit every one perfectly, lovely to leave the black as it was, making it stand out. I am sure these will be treasured greatly.

    ReplyDelete