Saturday, June 20, 2015

Winners & Bright Batik Yellow Brick Road




Today was the day I drew for the lucky winner of the Detour kit.  Lucky comment #41 was left by Ann and she chose the black kit.  I decided to draw a second time, and if that person had selected purple I would give that one away too - lucky comment #29 - Lorna H. from Flin Flon, Manitoba is the lucky winner of the purple kit!  

Now back to the regular scheduled programming!


The beautiful quilt is a beautiful bright batik version of the always popular Yellow Brick Road pattern.  Cindy sent this one in the mail, and when I opened the box my heart sang when I saw these luscious batiks.  I enjoyed every minute this one was on my frame!


Cindy requested a panto in the center with a custom border, and I thought that was the perfect choice as the border fabric did allow the quilting to show up a little more than the center of the quilt (not that my pictures look that way!)



 We settled on the Allium panto for the center and a mix of flowers, leaves and swirls for the border.  A purple Magnifico thread that was much more blue than the border fabric was the thread choice through out.  I love how Magnifico thread looks on batiks!





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful batik quilt! Love the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou Lori for the beautiful quilting. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete