Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wildfowers in January

I can't believe that January is almost over!  I have been busy quilting, but just not posting about it.  Time to change that!

This fun baby quilt was made by Donna.  She wanted it soft and pretty, so we used Quilters Dream Puff batting and the Wildflower panto.


This is the back of the quilt, and it helped us decide on a fun variegated pastel thread for the front.




Next up was Amy's "Katie's Quilt" -  a pattern from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. There is a tutorial here.


Amy also chose the Wildflower panto, and a soft green thread on the top.



 I have a wonderful new view in my studio.  I found the perfect spot to hang my new painting!  I absolutely love it, especially because it was created just for me.



Back in the fall, my dear friend Kathy attended a "One Square Foot" Exhibit and Silent Auction at the Norva Centre in Flin Flon.  She showed me a painting of a view of Highway 10 that she was bidding on, and I teased her about how kind it was for her to be getting me a present ;).  Unfortunately she did not have the winning bid, but her very talented neighbor and artist offered to do one better and paint a picture for each of us.  The subject matter is Highway 10 - the road we travel to see each other which spawned the name of our company Highway 10 Designs. My painting is of a very special spot to my family on the highway heading north.  Below is the companion painting that hangs in Kathy's home - hers is a view heading south towards me.  I think they are perfect!



1 comment: