Monday, February 1, 2016

Charm Squares Quilt & A Wallet for me!


This sweet baby quilt was made by Cheri.  The pattern is Charm (and 10!) Squares by Elizabeth Hartman and it is a freebie.


Cheri provided a cuddle backing, so we used Quilter's Dream Puff batting and the Dainty panto.  We used a lovely soft variegated thread that looked lovely with all the fabrics.  Is is Fantastico #5024 - Opalescence.







I received this little pack of remnants of Moda "Wishes" fabric at a retreat last fall.  I finally found the perfect project for them.  I decided to make something just for me this wallet.



I found this great tutorial from the Confessions of a Fabriholic blog.  I followed the tutorial pretty closely with two minor changes.  I added a button instead of a snap for the closure on the tab, and instead of vinyl for the outer fabric, I decided to use a quilted layer.


I might seem a little crazy to quilt such a small piece on a big longarm, but why not?  It was momentarily empty and ready to go.  I didn't use a backing fabric I loaded the batting on the leaders and used a layer of cotton top.

.
  The tutorial was great.  I love the card slots, slip pockets and zippered pocket.  It was very difficult to get the corners turned out nicely, but eventually I got the job done.   It was a quick project and fun to do a little something just for me.




1 comment:

  1. I like it! Can I send you my package and you start up a second business in your spare time.

    ReplyDelete