Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Glorious and Free


This stunning quilt was made by Lynn and is her adaption of the pattern "Glorious and Free" by Brandy Lynne Designs which you can see below.  Lynn wanted to make a queen size quilt for her son and daughter-in-law instead of the original that fits within the Quilts of Valour size parameters.


Lynn left left the quilting designs up to me, but requested no feathers and something slightly modern.  I knew the maple leaf had to be the star of the show and I quilted stylized veins with curls.


I added "3's and e's " to the other red selection to keep a similar feel.


I decided to quilt wood grain in the black background section.


The white sections got a contrasting horizontal linear treatment.


I kept the border treatments fairly simple.  Loops,  swirl/banana combo (that needs a better name) and piano keys.  I am grateful that Lynn took the time to stitch down the white flange so it didn't get in the way.



If you are semi-local and want to see this and some other beautiful quilts in person check out the Beausejour Quilt Show.



Beautiful job Lynn!








5 comments:

  1. Stunning quilt. Lynn's version is even more striking than the original. Your wonderful quilting is so suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Stunning! Beautiful piecing and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love what you did Lori. Can hardly wait to give it to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! Your combination of quilting pattern is so unique.

    ReplyDelete