Monday, October 3, 2016

City Slicker

  

This version of City Slicker was made by Reneta just in time for our local guild quilt show.  I pulled it off my machine just a few days before the show and she was able to getting the binding done in a flash.


Reneta knew she wanted the quilting to have a geometric feel so we decided on the Gatsby pantograph. A brassy gold thread was a nice compliment to all the fabrics.



Reneta found this collection of fabrics on a recent trip to New York City.  She picked up this package of New York themed fabric from The City Quilter.  Reneta thought the Highway 10 Designs pattern City Slicker was the perfect compliment and I couldn't agree more.  The yellow Grunge fabric by Moda was a really nice addition.


 While at the store Reneta also found some fabric postcards and decided to scatter them on the backing as another memory of her trip.



 Are here is a shot of it bound and at our local show.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt - I always enjoy how Reneta's colour choices are so different from the way I think. It inspires me to think "outside" the box a little bit! And I love what she did to the backing!

    ReplyDelete