Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Hazel Hedgehog


This is Reneta's version of Hazel Hedgehog II by Elizabeth Hartman.  I just love the color combination, and it mad me smile the whole time it was in my care.


Reneta left the quilting up to me, and it took me a while to decide what to do.  I have quilted wood grain over Elizabeth Hartman pattern in the past, but that didn't seem to fit.  I thought about flowers as I know this quilt is a gift for a special little girl, but I didn't want to do anything to compete with Hazel, so this wavy line/bubble combination was the choice.


I am not the biggest fan of cuddle fabrics, but this one really suited the quilt and just adds to its sweetness.



Over the last week I stole some time and made a few projects for me.  There are many great tutorials online, and sometimes letting someone else do the math and hand it to you is just perfect.  This is the One Hour Basket by kelbysews, and it lived up to its name.    I didn't have fusible fleece on hand so I quilted the outer layer, batting and an extra scrap fabric together to give it body.



I also made this iPad mini case using the Tablet Case tutorial from Sew in Harmony.







1 comment:

  1. Very cute quilt! I love the hedgehog pattern and the quilting design works really well.

    ReplyDelete