Monday, June 10, 2019

Scrappy Irish Chain



I recently completed this beauty for Reneta.  It is really hard to appreciate the scale of this quilt from pictures.  I have lovingly been referring to it as "the beast" while it has been in my possession as it measures 112" X 122"!



Reneta made this as wedding present for her niece who has a king size bed.  Here you can see it covering my queen bed.  If you are curious or want to recreate this quilt, just cut 5,832 - 2" squares and you are off to the races!


Reneta is normally a "no feathers" girl, but when she brought this out to me, she thought it actually needed some, so I was happy to oblige.  The color placement in this quilt is the reverse of what you most often see, so the quilting plan needed to be a little unique as well.  We decided on straight line in the colored squares and black chain, with feathers in the beige.




I like the pattern that emerged on the solid backing.


This quilt was truly a labour of love and I'm happy I got to play a part in its journey.







2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing in colour, size and quilting. A GRAND finish all round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! OMG! I want to try one myself now! all those tiny blocks!

    ReplyDelete