Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Watercolor Seahorses


I had so much fun quilting the fabulous quilt for Reneta.  The quilt is an adaptation of the Watercolor Sea Horses pattern by Summercrafter.  Reneta loves to make scrap quilts and her go to size is 2" squares, so she made the pattern work for her.

 

We decided on custom quilting for this one.  I did straight lines on the seahorses and a freehand water meander in the background, but my favorite part are the bubbles!!!


After coming up with a design plan for the quilt I decided to treat myself to some new rulers from a new to be Canadian company that produces their own quilting rulers for both longarm and domestic machines.  The are called Silly Moon Quilting Company and I would highly recommend their products.  They arrived safely and quickly and it was great to support a Canadian company. 


 I used the "Cheezie" and "Gemini" rulers to create the bubbles.  I thought about free handing them but I really do like the end result here.  Every seahorse got bubbles to match their coloring too!




Being the true scrappy quilter that she is, Reneta used up some random backing pieces so they wouldn't go to waste.


And now I'm just going to share lots more pictures because I just couldn't decide what to leave out.












1 comment: