Thursday, October 8, 2020

Sherry's Embelished Home Quarter


Sherry used the Highway 10 Designs Home Quarter pattern for the basis of this quilt and took it up a notch by adding an applique panel.  My last two posts also contained Home Quarter quilts, and it still amazes me how much fabric choices change the look of a pattern.


Sherry sent a note along with the quilt suggesting an all over stipple for the quilting design and an outline around the applique.  I know Sherry quite well and I know that she prefers threads that blend, so I suggested treating the border and panel differently than the body of the quilt so I could use two different threads.


Sherry liked my suggestion of a bead board design in the borders and behind the applique with a medium stipple in the quilt body.  I love how it turned out.  It was fun to stipple a large part of the quilt as I don't get to do that often.







 

I love when quilters take a pattern and add their own twist to it.  Home Quarter is a fat quarter friendly pattern and is available as a pdf download or in paper format.



 

1 comment:

  1. Those lines in the applique panel, leaving the leaves and stem to stand out, beautiful, Super fabrics for this design.

    ReplyDelete