Thursday, March 18, 2021

Amy's Habs Slabs


Go Habs Go!  Amy sent this fun slab block quilt that she made for some Montreal Canadiens fans in her life.  Isn't it amazing what a pile of "scraps" can become?  



 This quilt weighs in at a whopping 74" x 110" and I think Amy may have invented a new quilt size - the family couch cuddler!  I can see the whole family cuddled up on the couch to cheer on their favorite team with enough quilt for everyone!

 

I suggested my freehand all over topographic quilting to add a nice even texture.   Doing a freehand design, allowed me to work in sections and match my thread color to each of the color bands of the quilt.


Fun quilt Amy! Thanks for letting me play.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a massive size, and love the quilting lines and the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete