Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Amy's Alternate Routes


This is Amy's bold and beautiful version of the Highway 10 Designs Alternate Routes pattern.  Her fabrics have such great contrast that all of the hard work she did making lots and lots of HST really stands out!


When this quilt arrived in my studio there was a note attached asking if I had any backing fabric on hand that might work.  Lo and behold my bolt of blue Crackle wide backing from Northoctt matched perfectly!  I have a small selection of wide backs on hand to make it easy for my customers if they are stuck for a backing because their "local quilt store" is a two hour drive or more.


Amy selected the Ripples pantograph and it adds a nice texture without taking away from the piecing.


The Alternate Routes pattern is a fun pattern for a group of friends to sew as the pattern contains 20 different layout options, no two quilts need to be the same.  You can find it here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment