Thursday, May 5, 2022

Urban Legend

 


This beautiful quilt was made by Audrey. The pattern is called Urban Legend by A Quilter's Dream. 


 When I first saw this quilt, my first thought was what thread choice would look good across the whole quilt?  Then after looking at the layout I had a bit of a different idea that I proposed to Audrey - a different thread color for each of the three sections of the quilt.  I also suggested some different pantographs that were well suited to this idea.


Audrey chose the Windswept pantograph and gave me the go ahead for my three thread idea.  Truly you don't really notice that there are different colors, but you would have noticed dark thread on the light sections or light thread on the darks.


The transition from pink to blue happens in the pieced section that does not represent the city scape.  I love when an idea works out exactly like I saw it in my head!


And for a little bit more fun and interest, Audrey added this great pieced backing.













No comments:

Post a Comment