Friday, September 23, 2022

Petal Junction in Lilliput




I made this version of our Highway 10 Designs "Petal Junction" pattern for a special couple that got married during the height of Covid restrictions but just had their "Happily Ever After" party.  The fabrics are from the Lilliput collection from Sharon Holland for Art Gallery Fabrics.  I loved the strawberries, frogs and other animals in the prints and hoped the bride would too.


I opted for the more scrappy background and used a number of fat quarters from the Art Gallery Ballerina Fusion Collection. I liked the interesting shades of dusty pink. I love how the large pieces in the Petal Junction pattern allow you to enjoy the prints in a collection.


I used the Cassava pantograph and a dusty pink thread for the quilting.




The backing was one of the prints from the collection as well.


When making the Petal Junction quilt top, the instructions encourage you to make all the bonus HST as you go and use them in another project.  I made the HSTs and by adding a few more from the leftover bits of fabric I was able to make this scrappy table topper/doggie quilt. 


 I added a scrappy binding to this one after quilting it with my freehand topographical meander.


Petal Junction works great with either Fat Quarter or Half yard cuts and a scrappy or solid background fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment