Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Batik Detour Placemats and Runner


I pieced this table runner and placemat set a number of years ago, but only got them quilted recently.  The pattern is our Highway 10 Designs "Detour" pattern.



I originally intended to use some of this fabric in my Stellar quilt that you can see here, but there was a change of plans so I used it here instead.  At first I wasn't sure where I wanted to place my fabrics so I made a couple of samples.  Once I placed them on my table the choice was obvious.  Having the brown at the corners blended into my table and just didn't pop.


I added some simple custom quilting in the form of lines and curls to add a little interest to my water colour batiks.


If you would love to try an easy set of placemats and table runner check out the PDF or paper versions of the Detour pattern on the Highway 10 Designs website.





No comments:

Post a Comment