Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Rip Snip And Drop


I made this quilt from the results of a fun little game that we played at the Manitoba Prairie Quilters.  We were each told to bring one yard of fabric (and to make sure we liked it as we would be coming back home with half of it.)   Liz then led us in the One Yard Fabric Exchange Game called  "Fold It - Snip It - Rip It - Drop It - Pass It" as explained here by Heirloom Creations.


Above are the fabrics that I came home with.  I was really pleased as they were quite well coordinated compared to what some others ended up with. I brought the darkest blue on the left.  I knew I wanted to make a baby/child's quilt to donate to our guild's charity program, but bright novelty prints are lacking in my stash.  What is a girl to do?  Phone a friend!  My friend Eileen is always willing to let me peek into her "fabric pantry" when I am stuck.  I hit the jackpot.  I gained the fabrics and one orphan block that you see below.


I looked for ideas for some scrappy patterns online and drew this idea out to match the fabric sizes that I had available, and the Winnie the Pooh block worked perfectly in the middle.


I quilted it with a quick freehand patten and added a donation label.



This was a fun game and we had a huge number of quilts donated to our charity program as a result.  Win Win!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment