Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Roundabout Placemats and Runners


I made this set of placemats and runners for my daughter Kyla.  Kyla's table is either a large circle, or an oval with the leaf in.  The Roundabout pattern by our Highway 10 Designs is perfect (and was totally designed with her table in mind.)


I made six placemats and had enough left to made the bonus hexagon centre.  The pattern includes instructions on how to customize the size of the placemats to best fit your table.  (If you don't prewash your fabric and batting allow for shrinkage.)


I also made this runner that is one of two included in the pattern.





Then I decided to try something different. I made a single Hexagon from our Lug Nuts pattern that made a large centre that fits perfectly on her 48" table.



The entire set was quilted with the Ripples pantograph.  I usually custom quilt placemats, but decided to go a different way after doing this for my friend Reneta this year.  I loaded a single large piece of backing and batting and just placed all the pieces close together and I was off to the races.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment