Friday, September 28, 2012

Patchwork Fields



This is Robin's Patchwork Fields quilt.  She doesn't have the quilt back quite yet, but she wanted me to post pictures so she could see it.  I am lucky to say that I have Kathy from Tamarack Shack visiting for a few days.  Kathy is an amazing quilt photographer, and we used Robin's quilt for my first photography lesson.

Robin said that she didn't really like this quilt when she first started piecing it, but in time it grew on her.  I think it looks pretty good in my living room!



I used the Trellis Vine panto with So Fine thread and Quilter's Dream Blend Batting.




Sorry for the delay with the pictures Robin!  I really enjoyed my lesson and taking lots of pictures of your beautiful quilt.



6 comments:

  1. The two of you are awesome. I am loving the quilt, the pictures, and the job you did quilting it. You didn't answer me, is your phone number in the book. I will be there on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Lori. I hope Kathy was a patient teacher. See you around noon in SR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your photographs of the quilt! Kathy has done a great job giving you the tips and tricks of the business. Robin's quilt looks fantastic and the panto you chose suits it perfect! G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lori,Robin and Kathy! What an absolutely fabulous collaboration! Love all three elements - the quilt, the quilting and the photography. - Gloria N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Kathy to see your photo lesson. Wow! She improved me too! Your latest looks like a photo spread in a magazine...wonderful quilt and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    I am over to visit from Tamarack Shack.
    I nearlt turned pea green with envy when I saw you have an Innova!!! My dream machine.
    Any way I have joined you as a follower.
    Looking forward to admiring more of your quilting
    Kind Regards
    Linda
    in Taupo New Zealand

    ReplyDelete