Sunday, June 1, 2014

Round Robins!

The end of May meant that the next installment of the Aussie/Canadian Round Robin that I am participating in was due.   I always go into a round robin prepared to not be thrilled with the results, but these are turning out amazing.  Our instructions were to put the block on point and add a wow factor.

I had Desley's block and you can see how it has progressed here.


I was feeling the block could use some breathing room to let the center block shine, so I opted to add the 1/4 Dresden plates to the corners. I used a small zig-zag stitch and invisible thread to stitch them down.  This will leave Desley space for some fabulous quilting.  I also like that it feels very unfinished, so that Bronwyn who gets it next has somewhere to go with it.


The is Bronwyn's block that I had last time.



Kathy added this fabulous Celtic applique. 


This is Kathy's block that Browyn worked on last time.


Desley added stars and interwoven borders to carry on the ideas in the center block. She said she had fun with all the math involved!  I am getting this one for the last round.


And finally my block that Desley had previously worked on.


 Browyn did this amazing hand applique!! (I am allergic to hand applique so I will truly treasure the work put into it.)  Kathy has this one right now, and I can't wait to see it in person!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment