Thursday, September 24, 2015

A little bit of everything

I think have finally recovered from a fun quilting retreat this past weekend.  Staying up until 3:00 a.m. chatting may not have been the smartest decision, but it sure was fun!  My dear friend Kathy and I hosted the retreat at Fabriculous.  Kathy has posted some great photos of the weekend on her blog here.  While we were there we had a friend of our take some photos of the two of us together.  Here is a sample.  Thanks Sandra!



Before leaving for the retreat I had the pleasure of quilting this eclectic mix of quilts for Sheri.  First is the kind of funky "Perfect Ten" quilt.  I used the Bora Bora pantograph, but it is a little tricky to see with all the bold prints and backing!





Next up is this really pretty runner made with embroidered pieces taken from antique table cloths that family members made and used.






Last but not least, is this quilt made for one of the groomsmen at Sheri's very recent wedding.




 When I saw the backing fabric, I inquired as to whether or not he hunted.  It turns out that he is the ultimate hunter so I took that into consideration when choosing the quilting designs.  Sheri always lets me choose, her only stipulation is no feathers, so stags and camo it was!



As always it is a pleasure to quilt for you Sheri!




2 comments:

  1. This is bound to be the most wonderful design ever, and he must, surely, be more than 100% happy, and more and more ( lost for a suitable word)!!, What a gift, and with your quilting, a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got to see the table runner in person and it is awesome. What a memento to treasure. I hope I get to see the other two quilts in person too. Great work Sheri and Lori.

    ReplyDelete