This fun quilt was made by Amy and if her new hubby will part with it, the recipient will be an adult friend of theirs. Let me begin by saying that she did not have a pattern for this quilt. She looked online for examples of the logo and got out a sheet of graph paper and made a plan that evolved as she went.
I do have to say that it took me awhile to figure out how exactly to tackle this one. I stared at the blank canvas like you see it here. I wanted the quilting to fun but not juvenile, and enough to highlight the quilt without making it more time consuming and costly than it needed to be. The only ruler work I did was to outline the shape of the shield. For the rest of the quilt I didn't do any stitching in the ditch, or marking - I just went freehand. The yellow got u-turns to make it recede and help make the S stand out, and the red got just enough of a large meander to keep it from bagging and sagging.
The blue background got a version of "Dwirling" from the "Pajama Quilter".
The thin yellow border got a wavy line. The outside red border had me stumped the most - in any other quilt, it was a lovely size for feathers. The swirl/banana combination seemed to do the trick. I will have to remember this one for the future!