Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Happy Holidays Tree Skirt - #4



This tree skirt was made by Cheri using the Happy Holidays pattern from Atkinson Designs.  Cheri made this tree skirt for her niece from fabric from her sister's collection.  Cheri's sister can no longer sew because of early onset Alzheimer's Disease. Cheri shared with me that it was her sister who got hooked on quilting.  It is sad that they can no longer share this passion together.  This tree skirt turned out beautifully and will definitely be treasured by the recipient because of the love her mom and aunt put into it.


Cheri left the quilting up to me.  This is actually the 4th tree skirt of this pattern that I have quilted for Cheri, so I tried to make it a little different than the others that you can see below.  I like a mix a straight lines and free motion.  I used a tan Magnifico thread with a bit of a sheen over all of the fabrics.


Here you can see the skirt complete with binding all ready to give away.


And here are the 4 versions Cheri has made over the last few years for her daughters and niece.










No comments:

Post a Comment