Thursday, July 6, 2017

Amy's Cross Stitch Heart 2.0


This is the second heart quilt that I have had the pleasure of quilting for Amy.  You can see 1.0 here    The base pattern that Amy used is "Cross Stitch Heart Quilt" by Pile o' Fabric.  Amy changed up the layout, but I was able to repeat many of the past quilting designs which made this one a little easier on me.  As this is a wedding gift she again requested that I personalize it with the couple's last name and year of their wedding.  


Here is a close up of the thread painting I did with a purple Magnifico thread.


For the borders I did wavy lines in the cross stitches, curly hearts and the ombre border got some flowing hook feathers.  Those were so fun to add!



The heart in the centre is quilted with more hook feathers and filled in with some branching curls.


One lucky couple received this gift on the weekend and I'm sure it will be cherished!  Great job Amy.


1 comment:

  1. A gift to treasure, a beautiful design and your quilty swirls a perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete