Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Drinks By the Pool in Vegas



This quilt was made by Reneta.  Reneta chose some fun and cheerful flamingo fabric for the focus of her Stack n Whack project.  Reneta often has a vision for her quilts that I need to extract from her brain so I know that we are on the same page.  I thought a panto might look nice, but Reneta has a different idea....


I did continuous curves in the kaleidoscope blocks.  I love how it looks on the back!


Now for where the title of this blog post comes in....  Reneta said the flamingos made her think of Las Vegas, and she likes to enjoy a drink by the pool while she is there, so martini glass were the order of the day.  I filled in with some stars and bubbles around them, and added a water meander to the outer border.








1 comment:

  1. what a stunning quilt, and then the quilting, martini glasses, bubbles, and then the border, it suits the flamingos perfectly.

    ReplyDelete