Thursday, October 19, 2017

Kathy's Round Robin



My friend Kathy is set to arrive at my house today for a bit of a visit ahead of the retreat we are hosting at Fabriculous in Swan River, MB this weekend. To coincide with her visit I thought I'd share photos of a wall hanging that I  quilted for her earlier this summer.


This wall hanging was the product of a round robin exchange with the North Star Quilt Guild in Flin Flon, MB.  I owed Kathy a favor and she decided that my quilting this would make us even. I tried to pick design elements that were different from what Kathy would normally quilt herself.  I only quilted on the background fabric and in the ditch around the blue fabrics.  I decided on geometric elements in the center block, and first border and like the look a lot.


To add a little interest to the pebble background behind the flying goose border, I added three "ghost geese" at the corners to keep the flow going.


Behind the Celtic elements, I used a combination of pebbles and "Nemeshing" to add a bit of whimsy.


The outer border had me stumped for the longest time, but I decided something simple to frame the center was all that was required.


It was great that Kathy sent a light and fairly plain back as it is awesome to look at.  It was a bit odd quilting for a friend and fellow longarm quilter, but it was fun too, so I look forward to trying this again in the future.





1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! The fabrics, the design, and then the quilting, this is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete