Monday, October 16, 2017

Baby Boy Quarter Sections


Kendra and I made this quilt together for a pair of special teachers who welcomed a baby boy in the spring.  I can't believe I haven't shared pictures of this fun quilt until now!  


My go to pattern for a baby quilt has become our Highway 10 Designs "Quarter Sections" pattern.  You only need 5 fat quarters and some yardage for the border and binding.  


It goes together really quickly and lets us enjoy the cute fabric prints.  The fabric collection is by Northcott and is called "Whale of a Time".


When it came time for the quilting, my daughters suggested quilting fish on it, so I started doodling and came up with something I thought I could manage and was continuous.






I love to personalize quilts whenever possible, so I added the baby's name in the least busy fabric.







We had a very nice visit with the new baby back in the end of April.







1 comment:

  1. Super fabrics, and fishy quilting, and his name, utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete