Monday, September 24, 2018

Hoffman Dream Big


So many of the longarmers that I follow on social media have been sharing pictures of these amazing panels that they have been quilting.  Although I feel I was a little late to the party, I couldn't resist trying my hand at one too.


 The panel is from Hoffman fabrics and it is a digital print called "Dream Big."  It comes in a lot of different colorways, but this purple was my favorite.  Here you can see it just after it was loaded before I added any stitches.



Figuring out what to do in the center was the most challenging part.  A lot of others filled the center with pebbles, but I knew I wanted something different.  A gave myself a few chalk lines as a guide, and chose to use a few pebbles and petals with lines that followed the print of the fabric.


Once the centre was done the fun began. Feathers!!!  I was able to quilt the entire panel with one color of thread.  I chose my favorite 100 wt thread - Microquilter in baby pink.  I two layers of batting - Quilter's Dream Puff on top of Quilter's Dream blend.



The last design choice was deciding what to do where there weren't full petals.  I choice tight parallel lines. 

I'm glad I chose a fairly a white backing for this one as I love how the quilting design looks.


 And one more photo just because I can.  I sent this panel off to the quilt display at our local Art Centre, and I can't wait to have it back and find a home for it!








4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lori. I love how you have quilted the centre and thanks for giving us a close up look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I have 2 of the panels but haven't had time to even think about how quilt them yet.

    ReplyDelete