Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Reneta's Pumpkin Quilt


It has been quite a while since I posted to my blog which is evidenced by the lack of snow in these photos!   


Reneta brought me this fun pumpkin quilt.  When I asked Reneta what she had in mind for the quilting, she said she kept thinking about Cinderella when she was putting it together.  She suggested that maybe he needed to have a glass slipper and maybe some mice hidden in it somewhere.  And some magical swirls of course!  Challenge accepted!



I am very happy with how the hidden surprises turned out.  I am not computerized so I always look for a reference online that can guide me as I chalk the design on to the quilt.




The swirly background filled all the odd shapes nicely, and simple quilting in the pumpkins and leaves was all that was required.  The background is a linen fabric and this is the first quilt with linen that I have had the opportunity to work on.




The Fireside fabric on the back shows off the quilting nicely.





No comments:

Post a Comment