Thursday, May 23, 2019

International Exchange Round #3

The photos of the blocks from the third installment of the International Exchange I am participating in with Kathy, Desley and Bronwyn are in!  It is always so exciting to see every one's take on the theme, which is Flying Geese this time around.


I made this Wild Goose Chase block.  At the 12" size it had some yucky quilt math, and I resorted to templates, but it was worth it in the end!  This time I chose to use the floral fabric as the background.


Desley made this lovely one with the flying geese going around the perimeter of the block with a beautiful fussy cut center.


Bronwyn made this block with a unique layout.  I love how she featured our fabric in the largest triangles.


Kathy made this circle of flying geese.  I have always loved this block and briefly considered making it too.  I am glad I went a different way so we didn't end up making similar blocks again!

Here you can see the focus fabric and blocks from our first two rounds - Log Cabin and Dresden Plate.  I love seeing the variety and am looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for our next theme - curved piecing!



No comments:

Post a Comment