Thursday, November 11, 2021

Baby Quarter Sections Quilt


If you are local to me you will know that these photos were not taken in the last few days, we are having our first snowfall of the season!  These photos were taken earlier in October. when I was finishing up this quilt.


My daughter Kendra and I made this sweet baby quilt for our neighbors who just had their first daughter.  We knew is was a girl ahead of time, so Kendra and I were able to pick out some really pretty fabrics at Needle Crafts and Studio in Beausejour.  (Thanks to Jennifer for being so patient while we moved many bolts while trying to come to an agreement).  We used the  Highway 10 Designs Quarter Sections pattern which uses five fat quarters plus borders to make a generous sized baby quilt.


Kendra and I shared the workload with her giving me the tasks she likes least.  I got to cut and add the borders, as well as quilt and bind it.  Kendra likes to piece and be in charge of the pressing, and I have to say she is more meticulous that me, so it really works out great.


I used the Tufty panto for the first time, and its smaller scale suited the baby sized quilt well.
I also love the peach flannel that we found for the backing as well.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment