Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Stellar Mosaic


This fabulous quilt was made by Cindy.  The pattern is called Stellar Mosaic by Cotton and Joy and the kit was curated for Cindy by Jennifer at Needle Crafts and Studio in Beausejour, Manitoba.  Sometimes when a quilt arrives in my studio it tells me that it would be extra special with some custom quilting.  This was one of those quilts.  Cindy told me to surprise her.  After thinking about things for a while I sent Cindy some doodles and she told me to go for it.


The first area that I came up with a plan for was the black background.  I used a handful of rulers to add the lotus shapes.  Some loops in the peach squares added a fun motif.


The focus fabric squares were filled with some simple curves.


And the most fun part was the floral motif that I quilted in the white stars.


Cindy provided this great pink Fireside backing and it shows off the quilting so well.  I love the designs that emerged on the back.




Thanks for trusting me to play on your quilt Cindy!









 

1 comment:

  1. wow, a masterpiece all over, and the intricate quilting, what a grand finish.

    ReplyDelete