Monday, November 28, 2022

Atlantis


This eye catching quilt was brought to me by Dorothy,  the pattern was originally a Block of the Month Design from Southwind Quilt Designs called Atlantis.  Dorothy said a friend helped her bring this quilt to completion and now she intends to donate to her church to use as a fundraising raffle.


I though the top was stunning on it own.  It could have gotten a lot of custom quilting, but sometimes less is more.  Dorothy left the quilting decision up to me. I wanted to keep this budget friendly, and let the piecing shine so I opted so the simple Raindrops panto, and a very fine thread that almost disappeared on the quilt top.  The magic thread of choice was Superior's Microquilter in #7007 Silver.  It is a 100 wt thread and I love using it when I really want the thread to disappear.






I/m sure this beautiful quilt will raise lots of money! 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment