Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Foxes and Bunnies in Bed


Reneta is a new grandma to twins and she had to make them each a special quilt.  The quilts are part of of a three in one pattern from Sew Fresh Quilts called "Bears, Foxes and Bunnies in Bed."  Reneta and I don't often get to shop together in person since we no longer live in the same area, but when she was visiting me, we went to see Jennifer at Needle Craft and Studio in Beausejour to pick fabric for these quilts.


Reneta immediately fell in love with the rainbow print and Jennifer helped Reneta pull complimentary fabrics for the bunnies.


I had fun doing a little custom quilting.  I outlined the features on the bunny faces and added a daisy meander to the background.


For the quilting on the blanket part, I followed the shapes of the rainbows freehand.


Could this be any cuter?





I tried to keep the quilting on the fox quilt similar but different.  I added a basic meander behind the fox faces.


The foxes needed a little more quilting that just the outlining so I added a couple of strategically placed curved lines.


I added quilting in the blanket part to every gold line of the print.  





No comments:

Post a Comment