Monday, July 29, 2024

Hockey Jersey Quilt


When Cathy asked me if I would be able to quilt a quilt made of hockey jerseys, I didn't really know the answer.  I hadn't tried anything like this, but my Innova is an industrial machine with a 1 HP motor, so I was willing to give it a try.  Cathy brought me some scraps from the jerseys and crests and name badges that didn't make it into the quilt. I tested it out and it went smoothly so I was happy to tackle the quilt.


These jerseys all belonged to Cathy's grandson so this quilt is filled with special memories.  There is every variation of crest, embroidery, vinyl letters etc on the different blocks.  I did stitch a bit slower than normal but other than that it was pretty much business as usual.


The Windswept pantograph was the choice and we used a blue grey thread.  I love how the texture comes out on the Cuddletex backing.  With the jerseys, batting and plush backing this is one heavy quilt for its size!


Truly a labour of love by Cathy for her grandson.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment