Thursday, July 25, 2024

Just Takes Two - 100 Block Quilt


Leslie brought this amazing sampler quilt for some custom quilting.  The pattern was a mystery from Sentimental Stitches back in 2012 called “Just Takes 2”.  I have the same quilt top pieced but unquilted as yet.  Mine has a white background and be a variety of bright colours so it hardly seems like the same pattern at all!  Twice a month we received a minimum of two block patterns.  The pattern is now available for purchase as a complete single pattern.


Leslie left the quilting designs up to me.  We talked a bit when she dropped it off, but it was a bit daunting to be honest.  Once I loaded it, I kind of just went block by block trying to keep a light hand with the quilting.



I’m including a mountain of pictures so you can appreciate the wide variety of blocks, fabrics and quilting motifs.


All the quilting is hand guided- a mix of rulers and free motion.  I may have to dig my quilt out and get it finished.  I was quite pleased with the final results here. 














 

1 comment: