Friday, August 23, 2024

Mountainside


Reneta made this quilt for her daughter's wedding and I can finally share it now that the day has come.   The quilt pattern is called Mountainside by Lella Boutique and features the Smoke and Rust fabric collection.  McKenna and Cole had planned an intimate wedding in Jasper, Alberta so this quilt is extra fitting.  (Unfortunately due to the recent forest fires, they had to relocate their wedding, but it will still be taking place in the mountains.)


I have quilted many many quilts for Reneta and we have done everything for a simple meander to complex undertakings like adding the lyrics from a favorite song.  Reneta asked if I would quilt in the names and the wedding date and off I ran with a custom quilting plan.


I wanted to keep a modern feel to the quilt so I added a variety of straight line quilting along with a little stitch in the ditch to make the mountain peaks pop.



In the lines at the bottom of the quilt I added the personalization that is subtle but present.


Reneta added a cozy flannel backing that was covered in trees that really compliments the front.


Thank you for once again trusting me to have fun and add something a little different to your quilt Reneta.  Congratulations Cole and McKenna!


No comments:

Post a Comment