Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Skully


Becky made this quilt for her brother who loves all things skulls.  The pattern she used was originally part of the 2023 Spooky Season Sampler, but is also available as a stand alone block pattern from Corine Sovey.



When Becky and her daughter walked in with this quilt I must admit that I was a little bit stumped as to what pantograph would suit this top.  As we were browsing my collection, it was her daughter who confidently suggested the Ripples pantograph, and Becky and I immediately knew she hit the nail on the head.  It adds the right amount of texture and the perfect vibe for the top.


I don't have anyone in my life who would necessarily appreciate a skull themed quilt, so I am unlikely to make one, but I love the variety of quilts that come through my studio that I get to appreciate and enjoy for a little while!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment