Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Holidays Tree Skirt


Cheri made this lovely tree skirt for her daughter.  The pattern she used was Happy Holidays from Atkinson Designs.  It is a neat pattern for table toppers and tree skirts in three sizes.  I love the fabrics she chose.  They are from the Winter's Lane Collection by Moda, designed by Kate & Birdie who are designers from Winnipeg.

Cheri left the quilting decisions up to me, and this one wanted custom. The white evergreen fabric got a ribbon meander.


I wanted to accentuate the interesting shape of the brown fabric, so straight lines seemed like the perfect fit.


And some curly feathers in the red fabrics.



Did you notice my oops in the first picture?  I didn't notice until Cheri came by to pick it up, but luckily I was able to pop it back on the machine and fix it up before she left.


No comments:

Post a Comment