Friday, November 15, 2013

Time Flies

I can't believe it has been more than a week since I last posted anything!  I feel like I have been busy, but I'm not sure I have a lot to show for it.

I took Kyla to Manitoba Provincial Senior Honour Band in Winnipeg at the end of last week.  It was a great experience for her and I really enjoyed the concert.  If you are interested here is a link to the recordings.  I can't decide if my favorite piece was "Rest" or "Gandalf" - from the Lord of the Rings Symphony.  While in Winnipeg I treated myself to an early Christmas present - a new to me intermediate level clarinet.  This is a significant upgrade from my student model from the 1980s.  I have enjoyed playing again over the last year (after a 25+ year hiatus) and decided it was time for a grown up instrument.  Kijiji is a wonderful thing!

 I dyed one more round of infinity scarves to replenish some inventory that I sold while in Winnipeg.

  
You can see in this photo that are living room renovations are progressing. (No thanks to me. The dry-walling is now complete.  Nolan also got a coat of primer on and the ceiling painted while I was away.  Now to decide on a paint color....

I have also been preparing my samples for a Poinsettia Table Runner workshop that I am co-teaching this weekend.


I did get some very exciting mail.  I received the paper copies of our "Pedal to the Metal" pattern.  We have been having the printer ship them to Kathy so I always have to wait a little longer to get my hands on them.  I am very pleased with the end product.  They are available in our Etsy shop, or if you are local just give me a call and I would be happy to get one to you.


On other Highway 10 Designs news, here is a little peak of a quilt that has now safely arrived in Flin Flon for binding and a photo shoot.  Hopefully it will be making a full appearance in the very near future!



1 comment:

  1. You are such a tease. Highway 10 Designs has been busy. Sounds like the band trip was a good one. Glad you have a grownup instrument to play.

    ReplyDelete