Monday, July 29, 2019

Falling in Love Again




Now that the wedding was celebrated this weekend I can share this fabulous quilt that Amy made for her brother and sister-in-law.  The pattern is called "The Fabriculous Falling in Love Again" and is available at Fabriculous in Swan River or Gimli Manitoba or through the online store.


I have personalized wedding quilts for Amy in different ways in the past, and we continued the trend with this one.  The white heart gave me the perfect canvas to add the couple's last name - Lone.  (When it was on my machine, my family members were confused as to why I was quilting the word lone on this quilt!)


The body of the quilt was quilted with the "Flirtatious" pantograph in a gold Maginifco thread.  I love the effect - to me it looks like streamers on the Ombre Confetti Metallic fabric by V & Co for Moda.


I will show you the method I used to do the quilting in the heart.  I used my computer to print out the letters for the name.  I gave Amy a few fonts to choose from and she selected this one.  I always set the font to a black outline with a white fill so I don't use up a crazy amount of ink unnecessarily. I trimmed the letters, leaving little bridges between them to help keep the spacing accurate.


I traced around my stencil with a water soluble fabric pen.  It was too humid to use an air soluble on that day. I then used the gold thread to stitch around the letters.  I went around the letters more than once so that they would stand out a little bit more.


Then all that was left to do was pebble the backgroudn to make the letters pop!



I was so excited with the final product!  I hope the couple love it as much as Amy and I did.





1 comment:

  1. A name in a heart, this is beautiful and I am so sure it was loved at first sight.

    ReplyDelete