Monday, June 1, 2020

Global Migration



This unique quilt was made by Christine.  The pattern is called Global Migration and was published in Issue 20 of Make Modern Magazine.  The pattern was designed Anne who is a fellow Manitoban and friend and guild mate of Christine.  Christine was open to quilting design ideas, and when I emailed her a scribble outlining this idea she was as excited about it as I was.


Even though Christine said she dug into her scrap stash to make this quilt it had a very modern feeling to me.  I decided to do a mix of modern and traditional quilting.    The four quadrants of the quilt received straight lines running in the same direction the geese were flying.  This quilt had great math as I was able to quilt 1" spaced lines and they fell symmetrically on all the rows of geese.


The corners received flowing feathers to fill the space outside of the circle of geese.



Chrstine's pretty ice blue backing shows off the quilting really nicely.






I think the effort of making all those flying geese was worth it, don't you?





1 comment:

  1. Geese flying in a circle, the design and your quilting make this a uniquely amazing quilt of all times, and right now, to have them in a circle, gives us all that sense of family bound together. " Am I looking for too much to read into this or am I so aware of all the unrest everywhere" Super colours, a true winner in every way.

    ReplyDelete