Thursday, February 3, 2022

Detour Placemats and Runner for Kendra


Occasionally I share something that was made entirely by me and today is one of those days!  My daughter moved into her first apartment and I wanted to make her a set of placemats and table runner.  She chose our Highway10 Designs Detour pattern and we headed out to see Jennifer in Beausejour at Needle Craft and Studio to select some fabric. 


Kendra quickly selected these three fabrics, and I was in total agreement.


I made 6 placemats and the runner and decided to have some fun custom quilting them.  A mixture of lines and swirls was all that was needed to finish them off.


The Detour pattern is a nice relaxing sew.  The longest part, (like any time you make placemats) is the binding!  But I love how the set looks on the table so it was all worth it.


It was a little hard to send these on their way, but I will have to get myself a supper invitation so I can go use them!


The Detour pattern is available as a PDF download  or in paper format.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment