Friday, February 18, 2022

Whoo Knows


I recently had the privilege of adding some custom quilting to this fabulous quilt top for Christine.  The top was pieced and all of the hand applique was done by Christine's dear friend Anne Riemer.  To honor Anne's generous spirit and help a charity close to her heart, Christine has donated the quilt to a fundraising art auction for the Wildlife Haven Rehabilitation Centre.  The quilt is Item #15, and the auction runs from February 18-27, 2022.


I loved every minute that this quilt was in my studio.  Anne's workmanship was impeccable and all of the owls had such different personalities.  I tried to add unique details to all of the owls.  I used two different background fills - a branching curl and and a sky meander. The frames received loops or leaves.


For the border quilting I decided to let the fabric be my guide and I quilted along all the dark green lines in the striped print.







The quilt pattern is called "Whoo Knows" by Sindy Rodenmayer of FatCat Patterns.  I hope that this quilt raises lots of money for a great cause.  There are over 100 pieces of art up for auction so I encourage you to head over and check them out. 

  
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The fabric choices alone make it outstanding - they make the different "characters" come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is beautiful. I have an attraction to owls, and you have captured so many different cute ones. I hope whomever buys this quilt will understand the time and talent that was involved in making this. It is priceless!

    ReplyDelete