Sunday, February 27, 2022

Eternity



This striking quilt is a store sample for Keystone Modern Creative.  The pattern is called Eternity and it is available in 12 different colorways of  Hoffman 1895 Watercolour batiks. The rich saturated colors are even more beautiful in person than in these photos.


Sometimes when a quilt arrives in my studio it just tells me how to quilt it.  These bold batiks on a solid black batik background were screaming at me for some custom quilting.  I ran my ideas by Leslie and she told me to go for it - play time for me!


I stitched around each of the circles and added a linear fill in the background.


The border received some feathers in a plum and purple variegated thread. 


If the front wasn't awesome enough, Leslie made time to dye this gorgeous backing which shows off the quilting pattern really well.









 

1 comment: