Saturday, February 5, 2022

Sunflowers

 


This beauty was made by Marlene.  The pattern is called "Sunflowers" by Primitive Gatherings.  Marlene's hand blanket stitched wool applique was a treat for me to work on.


When Marlene and I were discussing a quilting plan she suggested using 3 different designs for background.  She suggested the piano keys on the outer edge of the border, and something different on the inner section.  I gave a few different suggestions and she left the final choice up to me.


I decided to use branching curls on the inner border section and a good old fashioned stipple behind the applique in the center.  I like the contrast in the designs.





This piece isn't very large at 40" x 40" but the amount of time and effort that went into it still amazes me!

1 comment:

  1. All those blanket stitches are too many to add up, what a stunner all over, design, colours and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete