Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Couple of Small Pieces


If you are visiting via Sew Sister's Blogathon Canada - welcome.  Today is Manitoba Day and there are great blogs to visit and great prizes to be won. Check out Kathy at Tamarack Shack and Flo at Butterfly Quilting for more information.

On this blog I share the work I do for my clients as well as my own quilting, sewing, designing & dyeing adventures.  


Today I am sharing a couple of small pieces that I recently finished for Reneta. These were both projects that were started in workshops and shelved as life took over. I was happy to help her see them to completion.



This rooster is is only about 16" x 20".  It had a lot of decorative stitching in rayon thread around the feathers when I got my hands on it.



I outlined all the feathers sections and added a few details here and there.  For the border I decided to give a wire fence look, and followed the print on the fabric with a wavy line.



This Bargello table runner will be perfect for Christmas that is quickly approaching. 



 The bargello section got a "dwirling" technique from the Pajama Quilter.  Reneta asked for Holly around the "JOY" applique and I added a curl to the border.  The gold Magnifico thread was really fun to use on this one.



  
Thanks for stopping by I hope you will come back for another visit!


Follow on Bloglovinfollow us in feedly





8 comments:

  1. Love the texture you added to the chicken feathers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roosters and your's is most impressive Lori !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rooster!
    Thanks for doing a special post for Blogathon Canada
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reneta is going to be pleased with the quilting on her pieces. Your choice of quilting fits the designs perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the rooster! Thank you for sharing yourself on this Hop.

    ReplyDelete