Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas


I have a couple of projects to share that I finished over the last week.  I completed this "Starry Night" Stonehenge Kit.  The kit came with everything - the tree panel, backing & binding fabric, batting, Swarovski crystals and battery operated LED lights. It is a really quick project.  After quilting, I made small buttonholes according to the light placement diagram and glued on the crystals.


You can see I added a small pocket to hold the battery pack, and a rod pocket out of the extra fabric on the panel.


It adds a nice festive glow in our hallway.  The only criticism I have is that with all the wires on the back it doesn't hang quite as nice and flat as I would like.  Nolan cut a thicker than normal hanging rod which helps a little.  It isn't perfect, but I can live with it.


I had won these four half yards of blue and yellow batiks (on left)  from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop back in the spring on their In my Sewing Room Blog (they host lots of giveaways) and I finally found the perfect project for them.  I found two coordinating batiks from my stash so that I could make a gift for a special quilting friend and one for me!


I saw this awesome sewing machine apron pattern on Craftsy and thought it was the perfect thing for all the UFO days and retreats we go to.  I think the detachable thread catcher was what really sold me on the pattern.

The gift.

One for me.




Now before I go and spend some quality time in the kitchen with the girls creating our traditional Christmas Eve appetizer feast, I want to take a moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Hope your holiday is happy and warm!

Lori


4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, hope you have a great time in the kitchen with the girls. Will probably see you some time in the new year when I hitch a ride with Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Starry Night turned out great and the sewing machine apron is really neat! The recipient of that gift will certainly have fun bragging about it at the next UFO or retreat day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw these on the Craftsy website and put them on my to make list! Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year! Happy quilting and hope to see you at our quilt show in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that kit in Red and in Blue...its nice in Green too! Merry Christmas Lori!

    ReplyDelete